IT Telkom Profile
Institut Teknologi Telkom (IT Telkom) - was formerly known as STT Telkom - was the first institution in Indonesia focusing on ICT. ITTelkom is projected to prepare ICTexperts who are skillful and insightful in business to meet the demands ofthe rapid development ofICT industry.
In fact, the average growth of the telecommunications business in Indonesia has increased by 20% each year. This growth includes mobile-based business communications services, fixed line, internet and broadband access. Due to this growth, there will be a demand of ICT experts around 320.000 people by the year of 2010 in Indonesia.
Currently,there are many universities producing excellent ICT graduates including IT Telkom. However, the number of these graduates are about 20.000 people per year.
Thus, by the year of 2017, ITTelkom proclaims to become a world-class university that excels in the areas of Information, becomes agents of change in producing intelligent and competitive human beings.
Become an international-standardized institute in the field of ICT and agent of change to produce intelligent and competitive human beings and contribute to the prosperity of the nation.
- Providing international-standardized education to produce professional human resources in the field of information and communication.
- Conducting international-standardized research to develop science and technology andinnovationin the field ofinformation and communication.
- Conducting community service to activelybuild synergywith industries and community, nationally and internationally.
- Improving competitiveness ofthe institution to serve industry and community through information and communication.
- Producinggraduates who are competent, able to work, develop themselves and possess entrepreneurship in the field ofInformation and Communication.
- Producingworks and copyrights to meet the demands and needs of community and the rapid change in the field of Information and Communication nationally and internationally.
- Global perspective and futur
- Upholding integrity and professionalism
- Stakeholder Orientation
- Focus on quality
- Creative and innovative
- Presenting honest and noble character
Strategies of IT Telkom in the next 4 years
- Build infrastructure and comfortable and conducive learning environment. IT Telkom believes in comfortable and conducive environment, learning process will surely happens harmoniously. In addition, the culture of continuously conducting research will expand as well.
- Enhance educational community and increase opportunity to study in IT Telkom. IT Telkom provides flexible and innovative matriculation, course development, training programs, and workshops which are relevant to each faculty in IT Telkom for educational community.
- Provideahighvalueonteaching and learning process. Teaching and learning process should give to all academia in IT Telkom including students, teaching staffs, and academic supporting staffs. Everyone should provide and gain benefitsandvaluable experiences.
- Develop the culture of conducting research. There should be a culture of conducting research among lecturers, staffs, and students. Researchcan aimforscientific development, problemsolving inteaching and learningprocess as well as in governance, including development ofresearch collaborationbetweenfacultyandother educational institutes and industries across the country and overseas.
- Develop entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship development is based on technologies, ICT in particular. Disseminationto the entireacademic community,valuesand entrepreneurial spiritsuch ashard work, innovationandcreativity, independence, sincerity, courage, risk taker, disciplineandcare should be encouraged within the institution.
- StrengthenQuality Assurance System Implementation through Good Governance Principles in accordance with UniversityGovernance. Quality Assurance System is a tool and an effective approach to maintain viability of the institution. Implementation of Quality Assurance will be moree ffective and integral with the principles that implement Good University Governance, which includes: Credible Leadership, Transparency, Accountability, Responsibility, and Fairness.
- Provide Value to Lecturers and Academic Supporting Staffs. Lecturers and academic supporting staffs are the major elements in the planning and implementation of teaching and learning process. It is therefore expected that lecturers and staffs continuously improve and develop themselves in order to have sufficient competence to be a competent human resources and have incredible talents. Thus, IT Telkom projects to provide high quality of teaching and learning process to produce reliable and qualified graduates.
- Enhance Financial Capacity. Financial capacity that keeps growing and evolving is a condition for thegrowth of good institutions.
- Empower faculty and “Sisfo”as the Agents of Change in the progress of ITTelkom’s development.
Learning System in IT Telkom
Educational program in ITTelkom is designed to produce graduates who are able to jump through hoops and quickly adapt in the ICT sectors. This is because IT Telkom has implemented Link and Match program in the curriculum. The program is transformed into Intensive Learning Systems: face to face, responsive activity and real-life practice. This program is also in the forms of Geladi (Short-Internship Program) and Internship Program (Co-op).
Logo of IT Telkom
- Logo of IT Telkom is in the form of circular-shape that carries the meaning of global and world-wide educational activity and professions in science, information and communication technology.
- Three rotation curve shapes symbolize “Tridharma”-the Three Pillars of universities, namely education, research,and community service. Rotation curve shapes arrayed opposite has the meaning of dynamic information and communication technology developments.
- The color of the logo which is a symbol of the information technology and telecommunication are prussian blue(dark blue) and blue turquoise (light blue). Book Antiqua Bold Italic letters mean graceful, authoritative, dynamic, and present accurate impression.